My approach to Life Coaching, while containing many of the aspects of both Individual & Couples Counselling, is more active in finding and focusing directly on the changes that you feel need to happen in order to improve your health, wealth or well-being whether at home, at work or at both.
As such, I provide an approach that challenges you without demand or expectation and that draws on my training and experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Systemic Theory. The purpose of this approach is to explore and facilitate change in that area that you feel is holding you back from achieving your potential or from fully engaging with social or working life.
The purpose of Life Coaching is to:
- Provide a space where we can explore your problems and how they have happened free of any judgement or criticism.
- Help and support you to find and focus on solutions and positive changes that will improve the quality of your life and work.
- Agree the changes and goals that are achievable and realistic within a timeframe that is manageable whether in the short or longer term.
- Introduce strategic models and explore exercises together that will help you to achieve those goals.
- Help and support you in managing and achieving those goals.
- Explore and develop your strengths and abilities that will help you achieve those goals.
I am also aware that there are occasions when debt or financial situations can become a part of the work. In such instances I would need to be clear that while I am trained and very experienced in Debt Counselling, I am not a Financial Advisor and cannot advise you on investments, mortgages, savings schemes and etc. With regard to debt problems, I would ask you to look at my page on Debt Counselling for further information.
Life Coaching is NOT about building up hopes for success in something that you cannot be successful in achieving. Nor is it about working towards changes that are not honest, open and beneficial to you and those around you.
If you feel this approach to working with the difficulties and problems that surround you may be of help then please contact me to arrange an initial 1 hour meeting in order to explore your needs and expectations of our potential work together and how I may be able to help you.
As with Counselling, I believe in and work according to the BACP Ethical Framework, which can be found at: www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/